enLIGHTen With Dr. Jesse Hsieh, MD
Updated: Sep 2, 2020
Dr. S. Jesse Hsieh, MD is the principal of Michiana VIP MD, a direct primary care concierge practice. He has been featured in national publications for medical excellence in caring for multiple generations of families over his 30 years of experience.
Dr. Hsieh is Chairman of the Board of Beacon Health System, a billion-dollar organization with multiple hospitals and more than 7,000 employees.
He teaches at:
• Indiana University School of Medicine, Assistant Professor
• Notre Dame MBA, EMBA, and Executive Integral Leadership programs, Associate Teaching Professor
He also serves as a director on the boards of:
• The Center for Hospice Care
• Indiana University School of Medicine-SB MEF
• Southern Illinois University School of Medicine Alumni Board of Governors
He serves on advisory panels for:
• The American Board of Family Medicine
• The Indiana Supreme Court SJC Judicial Nominating Committee
As President of the South Bend Clinic from 2005-2014 he received awards that included:
• Chamber of Commerce’s Economic Impact of the Year
• United Way Company of the Year
Dr. Hsieh is board certified by the American Board of Family Medicine and is a member of the:
• Indiana State Medical Society
• American College of Preventive Medicine
• American College of Lifestyle Medicine
He has been featured in numerous national healthcare publications, has been a regular resource for local television and print media and is the medical editor for various consumer magazines.
He has been married for over 30 years to a pediatrician, has 3 sons and 6 physicians in his family. He received his Bachelor of Arts in Biology from Illinois Wesleyan University, where he was president of Theta Chi fraternity, his Medical Degree from Southern Illinois University of Medicine, and his Family Medicine residency at the Medical College of Wisconsin.
His special interests include playing lead guitar in a working rock band Vyagra Falls and being on the medical staff for Notre Dame Football stadium.